Sunday, February 17, 2008

On fire in so many ways

So I'm looking over the boards on PPMB the other day, and comments on one thread somehow touch upon the singer Shakira (both the lyrics to her song Whenever, Wherever, and the fact that she has... an amply curvy posterior). I revisited the song on YouTube (the link's provided below), and as I watched, I recalled my feelings when I first saw it back in 2001 or 2002.

Besides that.

I've always been fascinated with bellydancing. Vestigal trait from being a fan of the James Bond films.

I recall thinking, "You know... I really don't have a problem with this."

I guess Sir Mix-A-Lot was right. (Even so, PPMB poster cyde got off a great slam in that thread. I almost cried laughing. As for the song's lyrics - I've never seen mountains, so there might still be some confusion in the matter...) I am such a simple creature, in many respects.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-3brRCRsA8


Anyway, I'm flipping through some old downloaded videos, and I came across a clip that makes me think that the events of the film Idocracy could actually happen. (WARNING! Because of language, this clip is NSFW!)



Now, at what point of this process did this Shrubya-worshipper actually think that this would all end well? I mean - really!

On a happier note, I took the points stressed in the coverage of my script and did a revised first draft. Tightened things up a lot, began the romance elements a lot earlier into the first act and cut the length by 20+ pages. (I knew that I'd have to do that anyway - 120 pages or less was DRILLED into me by my screenwriting instructor back at SIU-Carbondale!) I also cleared up the precise nature of the protagonist's employment, which the reader had a big problem with, and got rid of some of the more prose-like descriptions. (When you're not around people who do the things you do, occasionally, things slip.)

I'll let you know how things progress on that front.

Gotta love how that idiot rotates away from the blast zone, though...! I'm sorry, but this never gets old - it's like a groin shot, with pyrotechnics!

To paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson, "Stop, drop and roll, you dumb-ass motherf***er!"

1 comment:

E. A. Smith said...

I can just see this idiot going home to watch Ow! My Balls!.