Friday, November 14, 2008

007 to stimulate the economy - among other things...

I admit it. I'm a big 007 fan - so you know that today is a fun day for me. Quantum of Solace comes out today in the U.S. - and yes, I will be in the first audience. Daniel Craig kicks mondo ass as the new Bond - I'd go so far to say that not only is he the best Bond since Sean Connery himself, but that if he and Connery were the same age and competing for the role... I'm not sure who would be the winner.

Yes, I do. The fans.

You should hear the media talking about the film -I mean, they're expecting this film to not only make money, but to stimulate the economy because of the various products that are connected to the film's release. The video game, various products featured in the film... it's my understanding that the film has made over 200 million in the overseas markets where it's already been released, and they're predicting a 45-65 million dollar opening weekend.

They forget that this is James Bond. He'll probably blow up the box-office with a 85-90 million dollar open weekend.


Now, lest you few people who read this think that I'm more emotionally damaged and mentally challenged than I actually am (and let's just say that the bar is not too far off between the two) - yes, I know that it's just escapist entertainment. Jeez. Let me have an hour or two of 'DAAAAAAAAAAM! Did you just see that?'

Okay. I don't act or talk like that - but you get the idea.


On another subject - what's with the rail-thin girls infesting the soaps? Damn, you get the idea that a man would bed one of these women and snap the poor thing in half! Mental note, ladies - 'cocaine chic' really isn't, and most men like having a little something more than bones to hold onto.



Android kitten nipples. Why? Because someone had to think of it.

No comments: