Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bloggers should be bitch-slapped...

... especially if they're the type that are just oh, so bad-assed, so ready to toss off derisive, mean-spirited comments and talk mondo major BS when they're on-line... but you KNOW that, in real-life, they're quixotic cogs in the machine who wish that they were a fraction as hard-edged and dynamic as they are online.

Look, there's snark, and there's being a dick. If you want to be a dick, nobody's going to stop you... but pray that the people you dog out never meet you in real life. I still remember this bitch from my college years, who (just to be a bitch) got my funding for a film pulled THE NIGHT THEY CUT THE CHECK... just for the fun of it. Just to be a bitch.

The last time I saw her was May of 1987, and I told her bluntly, 'Don't ever forget me - because I won't ever forget you.' I haven't forgotten you either, L.B. Not at all... and I believe in honoring my promises. It's a moral imperative.


Just saying, folks - if you want to be a weapons-grade btich or a rampaging ass online because that's the way you Walter Mitty yourself through life, well, blowback's a bitch.

Man, now I want a turkey leftover sandwich with cheese, salad dressing, a big leaf of lettuce and just a bit of dressing inside - just enough to flavor the sandwich, but not enough to count as an actual labor. Thing is, I didn't bake a turkey for Christmas, so no leftovers.

I'm here to tell you, folks - this side of the aspiring writer/starving artist/shiftless bum gig sucks. I really need to con somebody into baking a turkey breast for me, and making a bowl of dressing, too, along with some gravy and maybe some corn and some dinner rolls with dabs of butter smeared on the top before they go into the oven, so the flavor bakes in...

2007. For the most part, this year sucked. At least I get to watch some jerks get bitch-slapped for being jerks on some of the boards I check out.

2 comments:

cyde said...

Aw, everyone has their way of blowing off steam, cathedral. Don't be judgemental. :-)

For my part, I only try to be a dick to the people I feel really deserve it. Ok, so maybe I go a little overboard sometimes, but that's only because of my deep, abiding love!

Besides. This is the internet, baby! Everyone is anonymous, to one degree or another. The personae are going to be overblown and exaggerated. Just run with it. ;-D

James said...

"On the Internet, everyone will be God for fifteen minutes...which is the greatest known argument against divinity."

I think I've gone so overboard that I'm on my fourth fifteen minutes.